I am going to let this recipe speak for itself….
- ½ cup of sugar or sugar replacement (I used splenda-sugar mix)
- ¼ cup of coconut oil (for a lower fat option: use unsweetened apple sauce)
- ¼ cup of whipped peanut butter (for a lower fat option: use PB2)
- 1.5 overripe bananas
- 1 egg (or ¼ cup of egg white, egg substitute, or vegan egg substitute)
- ¼ cup of milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- 1 cup of sifted whole wheat pastry flour (or for a high protein option replace part of the flour with cookies n cream protein powder)
- 7 crushed oreos
- 3 crumbled oreos
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a loaf pan
- Beat the sugar, coconut oil, and peanut butter in a large powl.
- Add the milk, egg, bananas, and baking powder.
- Slowly mix in flour with a spoon
- Add the crushed oreos
- Top with cumbled oreos
- Bake for 30(ish) minutes (use the toothpick test, but not on the center because it will not come out clean- instead test it 1.5 inches from one of the small ends of the loaf pan)
- Try not to devour immediately upon taking out of the oven (it is better if you wait 20 minutes to slice)
As always, have questions? Let me know! Did you try?! If you post it on instagram tag me in it (@thesunflowerrunner) or leave a comment and let me know how you liked it!
This bread was inspired by the following recipe: http://www.somethingswanky.com/peanut-butter-oreo-banana-bread/
It’s a great website, definitely check it out!